Software applications for more efficient business
TeleGroup in the domain of software applications deliveres to users complete solutions for efficient, optimal and productive business. TeleGroup Software tools allow companies to offer automated network management, management of user data, warehouse operations and solutions for efficient use of IT resources and communications.
For creating the optimal solutions for users' needs, TeleGroup cooperates with leading international manufacturers of technologies such as Microsoft, IBM, NICE Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Aastra, Passport, Lasting Software and others. Our software engineers adapt solutions according to specific business processes of the client, perform analysis and optimization of applications, and implement software in the user's IT environment. Software updates are performed in accordance with the dynamic business environment and user requirements.
TeleGroup expert team is engaged in the development of its own applications that are used in the m-commerce market segment. One of our implementations is our mPayment application, which was developed in cooperation with the software company DunavNET and is successfully used on the Serbian market in order to pay utility bills and other services via mobile phone. TeleGroup has implemented and adjusted various software solutions for the needs of companies and institutions such Jugoistok, Elektrovojvodina, Lames Group, JP Objedinjena naplata Niš, Peštan, Komercijalna Banka Banja Luka, BIB Banka, Jubmes Banka, Uniqa osiguranje and many more...
Sofware applications portfolio
- Microsoft solutions
- Unified Communications applications
- Network Management Software
- Back up applications
- Warehouse Management Solutions (WMS)
- Asset Management Software
- mPayment application
- IT Security softwares
- Automatic license plate recognition
- Document Management System
- WAN Optimization
TeleGroup offers a string of solutions based on following Microsoft technologies:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft High Availability solutions for critical services (Microsoft Failover Clustering, Network Load Balancing)
- Microsoft Exchange Email Server 2003/2007/2010/2013
- Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013
- Microsoft Lync 2010/2013
Alongside all mentioned solutions performed on a turnkey basis, we offer consulting, design and implementation services.
Microsft Exchange Server 2013
Get business-class email, calendar, and contacts delivered on your PC, phone, and browser. With a simplified approach to high availability and disaster recovery, achieve new levels of reliability and reduce complexity, while protecting sensitive and confidential information.
- The Exchange building block model simplifies deployments at all scales, standardizes high availability and client load balancing, and improves cross-version interoperability.
- Enjoy more uptime through faster failover times and support for multiple databases per volume.
- A built-in monitoring and managed availability solution provides self-healing features to automatically recover from failures.
- Simplified load-balancing options improve flexibility and scale even while reducing cost.
- Reduce storage costs by using larger, less expensive disks.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) capabilities prevent users from mistakenly sending sensitive information to unauthorized people, while informing them of internal compliance policies.
- Keep all your important data in one placeby giving users an In-Place Archive with a native, well-integrated user experience.
- Run In-Place eDiscovery across Exchange, SharePoint, and Lync data from a single interface through the eDiscovery Center.
- Mobile device policies let you create approved mobile device lists, enforce PIN lock, and remove confidential company data from lost phones.
- Move to the cloud on your terms with full deployment flexibility—whether on-premises, in the cloud, or a hybrid combination of the two.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server powers many of the worlds' largest datacenters, enables small businesses around the world, and delivers value to organizations of all sizes in between. Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Simply put, Windows Server 2012 helps you transform your IT operations to reduce costs and deliver a whole new level of business value.
Microsoft SharePoint 2013
Platform for storage, organizing, sharing and access information from almost any device. Includes all SharePoint Foundation technology features, plus additional Eenterprise Content Management, reporting, search, personal sites and feeds for news features.
• Share ideas, discover answers and keep track of what your colleagues are working with new social features throughout SharePoint.
• Publish content to SharePoint from any Office application and share with people inside and outside your organization in a few simple clicks.
• Share documents, update your activity feed and keep in touch with your colleagues from your mobile phone or tablet.
- Organize all your projects and tasks to get visibility into upcoming deliverables across SharePoint, Outlook and Microsoft Project.
- Set up a new team site in minutes track meeting notes and bring together all your team's email and documents in one place.
- Sync your content in SharePoint to your desktop with SkyDrive Pro, so docs are just a mouse click away, even if you're offline.
Manage costs, risk, time
- Reduce your infrastructure costs and extend the boundaries of sharing by running SharePoint in the cloud with Office 365.
- New archiving, eDiscovery and case management capabilities extend across SharePoint, Exchange and Lync.
- Spend more time delivering innovation and less time managing infrastructure with advances in SharePoint scale, performance and management capabilities.
Microsoft Lync 2013
Is an enterprise-ready unified communications platform. Lync connects people everywhere, on Windows 8 and other operating systems including mobile devices, as part of their everyday productivity experience. Lync provides a consistent, single client experience for presence, instant messaging, voice, video and a great meeting experience. Lync users can connect to anyone on Skype, enabling rich communication with hundreds of millions of people around the world. TeleGroup as a regional Polycom partner, provides SIP terminals optimized for operating in Lync environment, which brings business process to a new level and provides audio and video conferencing with HD quality.
Office 365 for small, medium and large enterprises
Provide users with the Office applications they know, optimized for their devices, so they can work their best wherever they happen to be.
Experience Office virtually anywhere
• Get Office fast. With the new streaming Office, you don't have to wait for Office installs or stop working to receive Office updates. Plus, the new Office can be installed side by side with previous versions of Office.
• Roaming settings. Your recent documents, settings, and custom dictionaries follow your Office 365 account, so you can quickly pick up where you left off from any device.
• Office Web Apps. Enhanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote Web Apps let you work across multiple devices, right from your browser. Users can work on the same file together, simplifying version management.
Help protect your company's data and keep your business compliant with enterprise-grade security and protection tools
- Unified eDiscovery. Search data across Exchange, SharePoint, and Lync. eDiscovery integrates with advanced retention and archiving, enabling in-place legal hold and case-based projects.
- Data loss prevention. Create data loss prevention policies and use templates for protecting sensitive information. Built-in policy education in Outlook informs users what they are doing wrong before the email is sent.
- Control access to information. Enable Rights Management Services and create access policies for your organization. Admins and users can use policies to restrict access to documents and email.
- Reduce your IT overhead and stop patching servers. Office 365 gives you highly configurable administration and a guaranteed 99.9% uptime, financially backed SLA, so you can spend more time managing your core business.
- Contact Centres
- Applications for CTI (computer-telephone integration)
- Voice Mail
- Central company directory
- Visitor Management
- Applications for telephone operators
- Applications for the integration of smartphones in the company's unified communications infrastructure
- Applications for the collection, storage and analysis of unstructured data
We suggest applications from the following vendors
- Aastra applications for Unified Communications
- Cisco applications for Unified Communications
- Nice Systems applications for Unified Communications
- Alcatel-Lucent applications for Unified Communications
- Lasting Software applications for Unified Communications
Velika ekspanzija IT infrastrukture u savremenom poslovanju primorala je IT menadžere da razmatraju načine za optimizaciju vremena svojih zaposlenih i olakšaju sebi upravljanje i monitoring svih delova IT sistema. TeleGroup svojim korisnicima nudi rešenja bazirana na IBM Tivoli Netcool i Network Manager platformi uz optimizaciju i prilagođenje potrebama korisnika. Implementacijom ovakvih sistema kod korisnika omogućava se zaposlenima u IT sektoru da predvide, dijagnostikuju i efikasno otklone probleme u radu IT infrastrukture.
Basic features of the IBM Netcool and Network Manager platforms
- Centralized management of complex IT and network operations, including business applications, network and security devices, Internet protocols ...
- Optimized service availability and increased reliability through automated event correlation, with the possibility of isolation and rapid problem solving regardless of location
- Integration of network data into the Web Dashboard environment, running events and services in real time
- Detection of logical connections between devices, including virtual private networks (VPNs), virtual local area network (VLAN), Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), Frame Relay and Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Provide accurate information about network connectivity, availability, performance and utilization of IT elements of the system in real time
- Ability to integrate with IBM Tivoli Monitoring product family and proactively measure the performance of service and user experience with business applications and monitoring Tivoli Omnibus and Network Manager application
- Easy integration with other operating systems and applications for monitoring critical corporate processes
In addition to the IBM Tivoli platform, we offer software solutions of the Israeli company NICE Systems.
In this area TeleGroup recommends an IBM Control Desk solution, which is considered one of the global leaders in Enterprise ITSM area. The main goal of IBM Control Desk implementation is establisment of a modern Service Desk. It has to provide efficient support for consumers of IT services within the company, by aligning ITIL best practices to Company’s business and human resource capacities.
IBM Control Desk is based on the following principles:
- Efficiency increase by simplifying and standardizing IT service delivery process
- Implementation of mectrics and responsability matrix
- Constant efficiency and quality control
- Transparency increase for end users
- Base for implementation of other relevant ITIL processes such as asset&configuration
management, release management, financial management etc.
Benefits of IBM Control Desk implementation:
- Reduced number of calls and incidents received by IT support through implementation of efficient Self Service portal with knowledge base
- Reduced time of ticket processing through:
- Consolidation of all channels into unique ticket base
- Better validation of input data
- Precise algorythm of solving typical problem types
- Clear demarcation of responsibilities
- Insight in knowledge base and previous solutions
- Routing and support automation in solving problems
- Insight in process metrics and optimization based on their analysis
- Reducing incidents caused by changes in critical systems
- Clear definition of resources, price and duration of IT service provisioning, which enables the assesment of required resources for desired level of support
- Ready for SLA introduction for individual services
- Ready to create CMDB database
With appropriate reporting, Service Desk solution can provide better insight into state of information system of the Company and detect critical points and prerequisites for process improvement.
With increasing amounts of data generated within the companies, problems with data storage will surely arise. In case of data loss, companies need more and more time to recover their system, thus breaking the continuity of the business processes and generating extensive costs. Back up apps significantly reduce this necessary time to recovery, minimize data loss and achieve significant savings.
In this area TeleGroup implements for their customers IBM Tivoli Storage Manager application which provides a wide range of options for centralized management of storage systems and helps companies to manage better the increasing amount of data.
Features of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager application
- Easy data management and protection
- Ensure business continuity by shortening the time required for data back up and recovery, and greater application availability
- Use data deduplication and storage hierarchy system to maximize system efficiency and conserve resources
- Provides high data security through an innovative approach to data encryption and
- A better insight into the system through advanced monitoring and reporting
Warehouse Management System (WMS)We suggest to specific products for this area: Delisoft and Passport Stock. These Warehouse Management system applications allow for automization of warehouse operations, higher efficiency of warehouse workers and total cost optimization. T
he aforementioned software solutions are modular and easy to adapt to specific business processes of their users. Consisted of server and mobile applications, they communicate via a Wi-Fi network or perform database synchronization when connected to the server through their mobile terminals, over the wired connection. These solutions are based on the Microsoft SQL platform, adapted for use in Windows Mobile environment and are compatible with the ERP systems of any manufacturer.
TeleGroup offers complete service from the engineering of logistical processes and adaptation and implementation of WMS software to the delivery of Motorola mobile terminals and Wi-Fi equipment for the local wireless network.
- Monitoring and receiving goods using purchase orders
- Storage of goods in a predefined location
- Monitoring the condition of the goods based on the location and bar code
- Issuance of goods to customers or to the invoice / packing slips
- Monitoring the cost of goods and information about suppliers
- Classification of goods then a simple, efficient and reliable inventory of warehouse
- Synchronizing of physical lists of items with their condition in the inventory records
- Monitoring of goods consisting of parts
- FIFO control
- Creation a list of goods, materials and packaging
- Generate various types of reports
- Export data as Excel spreadsheets, text, HTML ...
- Print barcodes locations, items, ...
- Easy to use, adjustments are made without the need for programming skills
- Applications consist of server applications and applications for the mobile terminal
IBM Maximo Asset Management
In this area TeleGroup recommends an IBM Maximo Asset Management solution, which is one of the best business software for centralized management of the overall resources of the company or organization in the global market, according to Gartner's Magic Quadrant.
Built on a single software platform, IBM Maximo Asset Management solutions give you a single point of control over all types of assets — production, infrastructure, facilities, transportation and communications — by managing them all on a common platform. This platform allows sharing and enforcement of best practices, inventory, resources and personnel. Now you can optimize the performance of your assets and maximize return on investment.
Maximo Asset Management includes six management modules in an enhanced service-oriented architecture:
- Asset management achieve the control you need to more efficiently track and manage asset and location data throughout the asset lifecycle.
- Work management manage both planned and unplanned work activities, from initial request through completion and recording of actuals.
- Service management define service offerings, establish service level agreements (SLAs), more proactively monitor service level delivery and implement escalation procedures.
- Contract management gain complete support for purchase, lease, rental, warranty, labor rate, software, master, blanket and user-defined contracts.
- Inventory management know the details of asset related inventory and its usage including what, when, where, how many and how valuable.
- Procurement management support all the phases of enterprise-wide procurement such as direct purchasing and inventory replenishment.
By combining international and regional expertise and experience, TeleGroup, through cooperation with partner software company DunavNET, specializes in providing consulting services and developing mobile applications for m-commerce solutions and telemedicine solutions.TeleGroup developed mPayment technology platform and through cooperation with Telekom Serbia and AIK Bank implemented a project for payment of utility bills using a mobile phone in the Public Utilities Company "Objedinjena Naplata", city of Niš. Since September of 2011, citizens of Niš have been using this system actively in order to pay their monthly utility bills.
CISCO Network Admission Control
Cisco Network Admission Control (NAC) is a solution for the security of computer networks used to define and implement access policies to network resources. NAC is used to define the status of the workstation in terms of operating system (OS), OS updates, anti-X software, updated definitions of anti-x protection, unwanted and required processes etc. Integration of automatic repair / upgrade of workstations is possible in order to meet the defined access policies.
In this way access to network resources is provided only for devices that meet all the settings set by the administrator.
CISCO Network Admission Control
- NAC Manager – NAC server management, control of switches
- NAC Server – point of control and the application of rules
- Switch – point of application of the rules, port handling
- NAC Agent (optional) – client to check the status of workstation
- NAC Guest Server (optional) – ability to define access rules for guest devices
- NAC Profiler (optional) – the ability to detect, locate and determine the type of device in the network
TrendMicro Security Solutions
TrendMicro is one of the leading manufacturers of security solutions with new and patented technologies in the field of corporate anti-virus solutions. TeleGroup, as as an exclusive partner of the manufacturer in the region, delivers solutions which provide centralized management, upgrades, service antivirus definitions and centralized reporting.
NICE Systems Security Applications
NiceVision product suite is a comprehensive, enterprise-class, open-platform IP video surveillance solution providing surveillance coverage and control for security-conscious environments.
NiceVision Net allows you to maximize video technology with an enterprise-class, open-platform IP-based system that provides continuous surveillance coverage and control for any size environment.
As a complete, end-to-end IP video surveillance system, each component of NiceVision is managed from the central NiceVision ControlCenter. It includes Smart Video Recorders (SVRs); advanced video analytics; 24x7 video capabilities; high-performance encoders and decoders; and feature-rich event management and control room visualization.
NiceVision provides a fully scalable network video recording and management solution that can grow from a few cameras in one location to hundreds or thousands over multiple sites — even for megapixel camera deployments. The solution’s open architecture and ONVIF support enables easy integration with third-party devices.
NiceVision is available in versatile packages: eXpress, Professional and Enterprise; either as a turnkey delivery or software kit that can be installed on customer-selected servers or servers certified by NICE.
NICE Situator, the leading Situation Management solution, integrates and correlates information in real time from multiple and diverse systems across the enterprise. At the same time, it coordinates the most effective responses, ensuring that everyone in the operational chain knows what is happening, where it’s happening and how to respond. That's why Nice Sitator finds its application in various industries belonging market segments be it the financial institutions, public transport, energy infrastructure, safe cities, public safety etc.
NICE Situator is a situation management software platform that enables situation planning, response and analysis for the security, safety and emergency markets where the risk of human error can lead to financial loss, injury and damage to public image.
NICE Situator effectively addresses these challenges by merging all of your cameras, sensors, communication systems, data sources and operating procedures into a single unified platform. It is able to identify potential — or unfolding — situations by intelligently connecting the dots between seemingly unrelated events.
Furthermore, NICE Situator enforces processes, automates specific tasks and complex workflows, and intelligently adapts them as an event unfolds to reduce the risk of human error. This ensures that the right action is taken at the right time by empowering organizations and their personnel to make effective and informed decisions.
NICE InformNICE Inform - multimedia incident information management solution. NICE Inform enables synchronous reconstruction of incidents across a spectrum of multimedia sources (voice, video, GIS and more), and facilitates secure/traceable sharing of multimedia information for enhanced interoperability, efficiency and insight.
NICE Inform solves this problem by fusing these different types of multimedia information into a common application and interface. It providesstructure to unstructured multimedia, seamlessly combining the data for a complete, authentic, chronological audio/visual timeline and 360-degree view.
Emergency Services, Air Traffic Control, Transportation Networks and Utility organisations can all benefit from NICE Inform by saving time, money and resources; improving processes, interoperability and accuracy; and complying with the most stringent legislative and security requirements.
To date automatic number plate reader technology has been limited to expensive roadside cameras or sophisticated vehicle mounted devices. Use in parking and garage security systems has been limited to PCs and then only capturing number plates facing directly towards a camera in fixed lighting conditions.
TeleGroup Solution for Automatic License Plate Reader is designed to work with Motorola Mobile Computers and it is aimed to work in difficult lightning conditions, high contrast lightning, low light levels, oblique angles, short distances, nonstandard plates, providing outstanding results.
This product is perfect for Police and Parking Service applications.
One of the main premises of modern business is automated, effective and efficient management of documents. Telegroup offers a Document Management System software solution (DMS) that enables contextual collection, storage, sharing and retrieval of documents. Depending on the needs of users, we offer solutions from different vendors such as EMC2 Documentum, IBM FileNet and solutions based on open source Alfresco platform. Telegroup's DMS solutions can be integrated into existing ERP or CRM software. They are characterised by a simple way of creating documents where new documents are created on computer systems (XML and Office applications, CAD programs etc..) and existing ones are digitised and stored in the Document Management System.
- Documents digitalization and integration with strong industrial imaging systems such as Kofax which enables smooth translation of existing archives into digital domain and placing documents into repository which can be easily and efficiently searched.
- Quick documents tracking throguh full-text and keyword search, and meta data and tags also enable search under numerous criteria, designations, versions, etc.
- Richer documents description through tagging and metadata.
- Version Document Control by keeping multiple versions of the same document. If needed, it is easy to restore any of previous versions or to get answer to enquiry when certain version of document was up-to-date
- Locking documents as solution for competitive approach is important when several users are working on the same document. System check in/ check out locks the document in order to prevent simultaneous document updating by several users.
- Supporting Workflow – enables automatic documents reviewing and approving. It sets out the flow of documents through business hierarchy, who should approve possible changes, automatically notifying persons in charge, warning if document has “lagged” within the business process.
- Security through documents access control. The system enables fine tuning of security policies, creating user accounts, groups, roles. It is established precisely who can access certain documents, their versions, and access data are recorded.
- Rules automation provides an option of documents forwarding through business hierarchy and their automatic processing with no need to be familiar with entire process. Numerous predefined rules speed up entire documents processing, save time and reduce possibility to make a mistake.
Through partnership with company Riverbad, which is the world market leader in WAN optimization, TeleGroup provides customers with a complete solution based on the software platform Steelhead and Steelfusion. In addition, Riverbad company in its portfolio offers a range of solutions: for applications optimization, for scalable cloud-integrated storage, Network Performance Management and customize and automate application performance infrastructure.Today, tens of thousands of organizations rely on WAN optimization as the foundation for delivering application and data transfer performance. With WAN optimization solutions, you can achieve extraordinary application performance gains and lightening-fast data transfer over hybrid networks. You can overcome bandwidth and geographical limitations, improve productivity, and enable global collaboration across consolidated data centers and distributed branch offices, in virtualized and cloud environments, and on the go
Acceleration everywhere... with it visibility and control.
Riverbad SteelHead WAN optimization products have been proven to dramatically speed up applications in some of the most demanding customer environments. Companies of all sizes depend on Riverbed to help meet end-user expectations regardless of device, location, or application all while enhancing control and visibility over their entire networks.
- Increase performance on the WAN for TCP applications up to 100 times, and, for specific apps, 100 times or more
- Select the best path for application acceleration everywhere, using deep packet inspection (DPI)-based application awareness to distinguish between business critical and recreational traffic
- Cut complexity and improve end user experience by consolidating files, email and application servers, and storage across branches
- Defer costly network bandwidth upgrades by reducing bandwidth utilization up to 99%
- Reduce risk by enabling speedy, resilient, and secure replication and backup over the WAN (often reducing replication times from hours to minutes)
- Comply with regulations, such as SOX, HIPAA, and PCI by optimizing SSL traffic without compromising the end-to-end trust model
- Gain visibility and control by determining where problems exist, what is causing the problems, and how best to solve those problems
- Deliver local-quality performance to remote workers regardless of their location
Riverbad SteelHead solutions help organizations run faster and more efficiently, ensuring consistent service levels while cutting IT infrastructure costs.
IT consolidation: LAN-like performance over the WAN
Boomerang Email: 6.4 MB email attachment over T1 WAN – Time to Complete (in seconds).
Boomerang Email — 63 times faster with SteelHead WAN optimization
Consolidated IT infrastructure can simplify management, increase resource utilization, and reduce costs. But it can often result in diminished application performance and user productivity, which offsets any cost savings. With SteelHead, users can access consolidated IT resources without compromising performance.
Virtualization: The “serverless” branch office
MS Excel, Word, PPT, and EXE File Transfer (25.9 MB Total) over T1 WAN -Time to Complete (in seconds).
File Transfers in Seconds Using SMB3 - 60 times faster performance for for subsequent SteelHead transfers with SteelHead WAN Optimization.
Moving servers and storage out of the branch and into data centers — where they can be more efficiently aggregated, managed, and secure — allows you to deliver more cost-effective access back to end users across the WAN and Internet.
Putting SteelHead appliances in place also can help optimize your VMware® vSphere or Microsoft® Hyper-V edge services, such as printing or security.
Cloud computing: Moving into the cloud
Whether you are creating a private cloud infrastructure or outsourcing to Software-as-a Service providers such as Salesforce.com or Office 365, the limitations on network bandwidth and latency still remain. End users are far away from the data and applications they are trying to access, resulting in poor user response and inefficient
application and data delivery. Deploying SteelHead appliances is a great way to defeat both these problems, while also saving money on costly bandwidth upgrades. In short, they can be the driving force to enable consolidation to private or public cloud architectures and a faster path from end users to applications.
Mobility and Disaster Recovery
Riverbad mobile WAN optimization solution can help you address the inherent problems of a distributed workforce, such as high-latency and inconsistent connectivity from changing locations. This enables you to increase employee productivity wherever employees work. SteelHead appliances will also help your organization optimize continuity and recovery across a range of backup, replication, and cloud storage mechanisms without disrupting your current infrastructure — ensuring the protection of existing investments.
Mobility and BYOD: Enabling a remote workforce
SharePoint HTTP File Save: 6.14 MB file via Verizon Wireless v620 Broadband Card (788Kbps with ~200ms RTT latency) – Time to Complete (in seconds).
SharePoint HTTP File Save — 63 times faster with SteelHead Mobile
It can be a struggle to support mobile users who need access to corporate data and applications. In fact, mobile users often have to accept sub-optimal performance. Riverbed SteelHeadTM Mobile software extends award winning technology to any PC or laptop to deliver acceleration wherever users connect. With SteelHead Mobile, applications run faster, and remote workers have the applications they need anytime, anywhere. Now, bring your own device (BYOD), mobility initiatives, and desktop virtualization solutions can be optimized for use on the WAN.
Business continuity and disaster recovery: Enhanced data protection
NetApp SnapMirror Network Compression and Riverbed SteelHead WAN Optimization over 155 Mbps WAN – Time to Complete (in minutes)
With SteelHead, you can perform WAN-based backups or data replication without struggling to finish jobs in a tight backup window. It supports leading enterprise storage solutions, including EMC2, Hitachi Data Systems®, as well as NetApp® SnapMirror® data replication and disaster recovery solutions.
With accelerated replication — up to 45 times — you can take more frequent snapshots and dramatically improve your recovery time in the event of a failure. We have advanced features for high-end, data-center-to-data-center disaster recovery, including enhancements for optimized throughput, tunable compression, and clustering for high availability and scalability. You also can use SteelHead appliances to dynamically adapt to “fill the pipe” for high-bandwidth environments, or to adopt higher compression, deduplication, QoS, traffic identification, and path selection to limit the impact on bandwidth for other applications on a shared WAN.
Riverbed® Optimization System
All SteelHead products are built on the Riverbed® Optimization System (RiOS®), which powers the product family through a combination of TCP optimization, application-level protocol optimizations, path selection, and patent-pending data reduction. These technologies, along with the RiOS management capabilities, provide a comprehensive solution for enterprise WAN optimization.
Hybrid networks: Greater application reliability and performance
With path selection technology in the latest version of RiOS (8.5), IT organizations can deploy and manage hybrid networks that combine the strengths of a highly reliable MPLS network with the benefits of the Internet — ubiquity, price, and speed. This delivers greater application reliability, performance, and cost savings in data centers, branch offices, and, private or public clouds while retaining IT control and minimizing complexity.
Path selection identifies the applications using deep packet inspection (DPI)-based application awareness to distinguish between business-critical and recreational traffic. You can use it to map applications to the appropriate paths available across the WAN and, in the case of performance issues, dynamically reroute applications to ensure no impact to users. It is simple to configure and can be used with other performance management tools that we provide without complex and tightly coupled router configurations.
RiOS: Four streamlining technologies
- Reduces bandwidth utilization by up to 99%
- Industry leading scalability and patented de-duplication
- Works with TCP-based protocols and applications including: file sharing (Windows® and NFS), email (Exchange and Lotus Notes®), CAD, web-based HTTP and HTTPS applications, databases (Oracle®), virtual desktops (Citrix® and VMware®) and collaboration software (SharePoint).
- Works with UDP-based file transfer applications, including Signiant, Aspera and Symantec’s Veritas™ Volume replicator
- Reduces the number of TCP packets required to transfer data by 65 to 98%
- Enables the acceleration of SSL-encrypted traffic throughout the enterprise to eliminate the security and performance trade-off
- Enables greater utilization of high bandwidth links (long fat networks, such as OC3, OC12, and metrofiber) for HS-TCP and MX-TCP
- Supports satellite optimization for TCP links (based on SCPS extensions) over satellite connections that tend to be high latency, dynamic bandwidth, or lossy due to signal-to-noise ratio
- Offers the broadest support for application-specific modules to provide performance improvements on top of the data and transport streamlining optimization performed on all TCP traffic
- Reduces application protocol chattiness up to 98%
- Minimizes application overhead to provide massive throughput increases to such applications as file sharing (CIFS, SMB2/3, and NFS), collaboration software (Sharepoint), email (Exchange, including Office 365 and MAPI, and Lotus Notes), web (HTTP and HTTPS), database (MS-SQL and Oracle), and storage and disaster recovery (NetApp SnapMirror)
- Enables easy deployment through auto-discovery of peers and autointerception of traffic — with no reconfiguration of clients, servers, or routers
- Simplifies ongoing management by providing simple, but powerful, web-based and command-line interfaces, in-depth reporting, and real-time NetFlow export
- Supports a vast array of network environments and topologies, including but not limited to MPLS, VoIP, video conferencing, QoS, VPN, satellite infrastructure, ATM, frame relay, microwave, and wireless
Accelerate application performance and data transfer over the WAN, overcoming bandwidth and geographical limitations to improve productivity and enable global collaboration.
- Scalable for the deployment needs of any size
- Riverbed SteelFusion and VSP capable for full branch office consolidation
- Deploy in minutes without changes to the existing IT infrastructure
- Support thousands of users with a device
Easily load balance and scale your network wide throughput with the Riverbed Interceptor® appliance. Cluster up to 25 SteelHead appliances to manage 40 GBps of throughput.
Central Management Console (CMC)
Easily configure, monitor, upgrade, and report on groups of SteelHead, Virtual SteelHead, and Interceptor appliances — all through one easy-to-use web interface. Available as a standalone appliance or CMC virtual edition for deployment flexibility.
Extend WAN optimization and performance to VMware® vSphere™ and Microsoft® Hyper-V™ Server 2012 based virtual environments
- Same application performance and data transfer benefits in a virtual appliance
- Increase capacity on demand.
Extend subscription-based WAN optimization to infrastructure as a service (IaaS) clouds. Authorized servers redirect connections to the appropriate cloud appliance to accelerate performance
- Supported on Amazon Web Services and VMware ESX-based clouds
- Accelerate migration and access to the cloud
- Elastic sizing and easy cloning for the scale-asyou-go infrastructure
SteelHead Cloud Accelerator
Simplify WAN optimization integration into cloud environments in order to more efficiently manage the delivery of businesscritical data and content from a public cloud infrastructure.
- Extend WAN optimization to cloud services/ Software as a Service (SaaS) to manage businesscritical data and content delivery and ensure peak application performance
- Improve the performance of SaaS applications, such as Salesforce.com and Office 365® by up to 100x
- Benefit from the Akamai deployment footprint and Akamai SureRoute technology to reduce distance, latency and packet loss
Improve mobile and remote user productivity and experience with WAN optimization designed for Windows and Mac based laptops.
- Improve remote employee access to files and applications more than 19 times faster
- Easily scale network performance to hundreds of thousands of remote users
- Manage the policies that determine what optimizations take place per user or groups of users
SteelHead Mobile Controller (SMC)
Manage SteelHead Mobile licenses and control the deployment, management, and reporting of SteelHead Mobile client software. Available in SMC standalone appliance or SMC virtual edition for deployment flexibility.
- Gain real-time visibility into application and WAN performance
- Access a single source for monitoring and license management
- Receive one-touch software upgrades and health alerts
Riverbed® SteelFusion™ is the first and only branch converged infrastructure that delivers local performance while enabling data centralization, instant recovery, and lower TCO. SteelFusion converges server, storage, and network infrastructure into a single branch appliance minimizing the footprint needed to run branch applications while centralizing data. SteelFusion eliminates the headache of branch office IT, consolidating servers and storage into the datacenter without sacrificing any of the benefits of having servers at the edge close to users.
SteelFusion features an industry-first storage delivery architecture. Unlike traditional converged infrastructures, SteelFusion enables “stateless” branch services. Users access applications running locally in the branch while primary data is stored in the datacenter. Decoupling compute from storage, SteelFusion branch converged infrastructure delivers local performance and capacity without requiring a storage-intensive architecture in the branch. This significantly reduces required branch infrastructure and centralizes management of branch services.SteelFusion expedites branch office provisioning, backup, and recovery and ensures continuous operations when disasters occur such as inclement weather, fire, and human-induced outages. With SteelFusion, businesses can restore operations in a matter of minutes vs. days, centrally protect and secure data, and significantly lower the TCO of branch and remote offices.
SteelFusion consists of two components:
- SteelFusion Edge: A converged appliance that integrates server, storage, network, and virtualization to run local branch applications, eliminating the need for additional branch infrastructure.
- SteelFusion Core: A storage delivery controller in the datacenter that interfaces with a storage area network (SAN) to project centralized data out to branches.
SteelFusion serves as the infrastructure for your branch, significantly lowering capital and operational costs, mitigating the risk of branch disasters, and improving IT’s responsiveness to the business.
Reduce capital and operational costs, simplify IT practices.
Consolidation and Centralization
- Centralize branch servers and storage while maintaining local performance
- Slash branch IT costs by eliminating the need to purchase and maintain branch servers and storage
- Drive greater utilization of datacenter storage investments
- Reduce branch administration costs by leveraging standardized datacenter policies and procedures
- Centralize control to eliminate the need for remote IT personnel or “fly and fix” missions
- Quickly provision remote and branch offices from the datacenter
Improve disaster recovery readiness and reduce downtime
Disaster Recovery and Avoidance
- Rapidly recover from disasters by projecting VMs from the datacenter to the branch
- Reduce data loss with near real-time synchronization of data to the datacenter
- Start VMs in the datacenter when remote locations experience or expect interruption
- Eliminate the need to purchase, install, and manage dedicated branch backup solutions
- Centralize data protection to benefit from mature enterprise-class practices
- Enable work to continue uninterrupted by maintaining local access to VMs and data even if the WAN link is down
Mitigate risks associated with data in remote locations
- Control data in the datacenter, removing sensitive information from high-risk locations
- Render data on stolen appliances or drives inaccessible without admin authentication
- Ensure data at rest is safe using AES 256-bit encryption, compliant with HIPAA and Top Secret standards
- Protect data in-flight with industry-standard SSL or IPSEC encryption
- Reduce risk by maintaining only a limited set of active data blocks at remote locations
SteelFusion features three technologies that work together deliver local performance from the datacenter to the branch.
BlockStream™: Integrated storage delivery
BlockStream is patented technology that centralizes data in the datacenter and projects a working set out to the branch. It combines three capabilities:
1) an authoritative block cache built into the SteelFusion Edge converged appliance;
2) a pre-fetch algorithm that predicts and delivers required data to branch locations; and
3) data deduplication technology that reduces the amount of data transferred between Edge and Core
Steelhead®: Built-in WAN optimization
SteelFusion contains an integrated instance of the industry’s #1 WAN optimization solution – Riverbed SteelHead. WAN optimization helps further streamline branch infrastructure by accelerating all branch user application and data traffic at the fastest speeds across the optimal networks at the lowest cost.
Virtual Services Platform (VSP): Branch-optimized virtualization
The SteelFusion Edge converged appliance contains a fully integrated instance of the VMware® vSphere® hypervisor, optimized to run remotely on a hardened branch appliance. Customers benefit from having the industry standard virtualization platform, which can be managed with existing tools and capabilities. SteelFusion simply and seamlessly appears as a standard host in existing VMware vSphere and vCenter Server™ management tools.